I was given a gift card for a sporting goods store for my birthday to get a new pair of running shoes. So truthfully, I was kind of stoked because I've actually never been to a sporting goods store to get a nice pair of running shoes. In the past I've just gotten whatever nikes or new balance shoes I could find at Ross for relatively inexpensive, because I'm kinda cheap and couldn't really justify spending big dough on shoes that would just be used for running and probably get all dirty anyway. Trying on different styles of shoes was really nice, the differences between models are really noticeable. I wound up deciding on the nike free run +3. They're super fun neon orange.. Like so bright, they could glow in the dark (not really ;), and they're a minimalist shoe which means they're designed to be close to barefoot running. Which is pretty cool, I think, because although I love a cute pair of heels, I prefer to be barefoot whenever possible (yeah I'm a Florida girl ;). Anyway, the other cool thing about these guys is the Nike + app, which was preloaded on my iPhone but I'm not to tech savvy and didn't really know what it was, so for an extra $19 I got this little electronic insert thing that fits into the sole of your shoe and syncs wirelessly with your iPhone or iPod and keeps track of distance, calories burned, etc. VERY COOL.
So, hopefully with new shoes and the impending big 3-0 in a couple years I can find new motivation to get out there and run as often as possible to stay in shape ;)
Off to make another delicious salad for dinner then hit the pavement for an evening run :)


No comments:
Post a Comment