Saturday, August 4, 2012
Planning Ahead
So there's a ton of crock pot recipes to be found on pinterest, which is awesome because with out air conditioning the last thing you want to do in the summer time is turn your oven on, and the crock pot offers a nice alternative to stove top cooking. So in looking at these recipes on pinterest I came across a blogger who prepares meals ahead of time and freezes them so all she has to do is pull out a bag and throw it in the crock pot and dinner is done.. Which is a fantastic idea. Plus, you don't get all the chemicals and preservatives that are in the pre-packaged meals in the freezer section of the grocery store. So yesterday I got super motivated and searched recipes online, went grocery shopping, then came home and spent 4 hours in the kitchen prepping meals for *2* whole weeks. Today I pulled the first bag out which was steak fajitas, and it came out pretty good :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey Val I was just telling my friend about your awesome freezer meals. With school starting & fall on it's way we would love to do something like you have done. Could you direct us to some recipes or give us a list of the meals you have found work well? Thanks! Love to you 3! Kelly
ReplyDeleteHey there :) I just googled crock pot dinners and picked what sounded good. Luckily everything I tried came out pretty good, but I adjusted and little seasonings I needed to after it cooked. Good luck with your freezer meals, love to you guys too :)
ReplyDelete